|Study location||Germany, Berlin|
|Type||On Campus, full-time|
|Nominal duration||4 weeks|
|Tuition fee||€1,890 per programme
The program price consists of the course/tuition fee (student or working professional, see details below) plus the registration fee (€60).
Student course/tuition fee: €1890
This course/tuition fee covers the course, course materials and a cultural program.
|Registration fee||€60 one-time
The registration fee is in addition to the course/tuition fee and covers the processing of your application. It is payable upon registration. Please note that the registration fee is non-refundable.
At least one year of university experience or equivalent work experience
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / German.
Please upload one of the following documents:
Upload copies in a word or pdf format
All applicants are required to upload a document or certificate to demonstrate their proficiency in English language. If you are a non-native English speaker, you must prove you have a score equivalent to the level B2 or above in the European system (the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, or CEFR), or provide evidence that you’ve undertaken an equivalent degree/studies in English.
More details: www.tu.berlin/international/summer-school/requirements
If you are a native English speaker, please select this during registration. You will then be exempt from having to upload proof of English level.
Specific requirements for Non-EU applicants:
Please upload your insurance waiver in English (all pages).
Java’s unique architecture enables programmers to develop a single application that can run across multiple platforms seamlessly and reliably. In this course, students gain extensive experience with Java and it object-oriented features. Students learn to create robust console and GUI applications.
This course introduces computer programming using the Java programming language with object-oriented programming principles. Emphasis is placed on event-driven programming methods, including creating and manipulating objects, classes, and using object-oriented tools such as the class debugger.
The course will includes over 500 examples and will conclude with several case studies. There will be some assignments which will give the students more understanding of the programming concepts.
After this course you will be able to understand basic concepts of writing a computer program with the programming language Java. In this course the student will:
- Learn the basics of modern programming in Java
- Apply the acquired knowledge directly in practical tasks
- Know the meaning and functions of algorithms and their possible applications
- Apply object-oriented programming, design methods, and principles
- Be able to apply the basic principles and methods for the design, implementation, and analysis of algorithms
- Understand complex data structures such as lists and trees
- Identify the exceptions and ensure the exceptions’ handling through programming
- Identify and apply Python modern libraries to support programming methods
- Learn standard input and output, and access to standard streams, files’ streams and objects’ streams
Central European Time
Central European Time