|Study location||Germany, Berlin|
|Type||On Campus, full-time|
|Nominal duration||2 weeks|
|Tuition fee||€990 per programme
The program price consists of the course/tuition fee (student or working professional, see details below) plus the registration fee (€60).
Student course/tuition fee: €990
This course/tuition fee covers the course, course materials and a cultural program.
|Registration fee||€60 one-time
The registration fee is in addition to the course/tuition fee and covers the processing of your application. It is payable upon registration. Please note that the registration fee is non-refundable.
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / German.
Please upload one of the following documents:
All applicants are required to upload a document or certificate to demonstrate their proficiency in English language. If you are a non-native English speaker, you must prove you have a score equivalent to the level B2 or above in the European system (the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, or CEFR), or provide evidence that you’ve undertaken an equivalent degree/studies in English.
More details: www.tu.berlin/international/summer-school/requirements
If you are a native English speaker, please select this during registration. You will then be exempt from having to upload proof of English level.
Specific requirements for Non-EU applicants:
Please upload your insurance policy in English (all pages).
Introduction to Programming in Python is a beginner-friendly course that provides a foundational understanding of the Python programming language. It typically covers the fundamental concepts and techniques required to write, read, and understand Python code. This introduction typically includes topics such as variables, data types, control structures (e.g., loops and conditional statements), functions, and basic input/output operations, and Object Oriented Programming, concept and Graphical User Interface. It also introduce students to key Python libraries and modules commonly used in Artificial Intelligence, making it a valuable resource for anyone looking to start their journey in programming with Python.
The course will includes over than 500 examples, and will conclude with several case studies. There will be some assignments which will give you more understanding of the programming concepts.
After completing this course student will be able to:
• Students will understand the context of programing, and computers
• Students will prepare the software environments for the course.
• Basic Programming Concepts: Introduce students to fundamental programming concepts such as variables, data types, operators, and control structures (e.g., loops and conditionals).
• Student will understand the syntax of programming and structure of Python, including indentation, code blocks, and how to write Python programs.
• Will master essential data structures like lists, tuples, dictionaries, and sets, and how to work with them in Python.
Encourage students to work on small coding projects to apply what they’ve learned and build confidence in their programming skills.
• work with functions, explain how to define and use functions in Python, including parameters, return values, and the concept of scope.
• learn how to read from and write to files in Python, which is a valuable skill for working with data.
• handling errors, and error messages to help write robust code that can handle unexpected issues.
• master Object-Oriented Programming (OOP): Provide an overview of object-oriented programming principles, including classes, objects, inheritance, and encapsulation.
• understand how to use Python modules and libraries, and how to install and import external libraries to extend Python’s capabilities.
• culminate the course with a significant projects where students can demonstrate their ability to apply what they’ve learned to solve a complex problem.
• foster collaboration and teamwork skills, which are essential for working on coding projects in a professional setting..
Main course components
Topics addressed in this course include:
• Software Installation,
• Variable Concept,
• Variables and types of data,
• Boolean Expression and Conditions,
• Loops concept, and loops types,
• Math Functions,
• Data Structures, Array Lists, Tuples, Dictionaries,
• Function and Methods,
• Arrow Function (Lambda Function),
• Object Oriented Programming,
• Methods- Classes and objects,
• Inheritance, ,
• Graphical User Interface,
• Input and Output to files,
• Exception, and Exception Handling,
• Using Pythons Libraries, and AI Python Tools,
The course will taught using live lecture to help learn the principle of programing and programing concept in practical, you will do programing in life with the instructor, which will help you to know and correct your mistake. (Learning by Doing). In groups you will conclude the course, with group project.
Students are assumed to have their own personal laptops with a Python installation as the main hardware tool required for this course.